Satisfy your mashed potato craving with these cheesy mashed potatoes. The blue cheese isn't overpowering but adds the perfect amount of flavor.
I love mashed potatoes. I'm pretty sure everyone loves mashed potatoes.
So here is an amazing version of mashed potatoes that will satisfy your craving - blue cheese mashed potatoes.
I know that sounds a little strange, but they are delicious! The blue cheese isn't overpowering but adds the perfect amount of flavor.
Try to serve them with a lean protein and a hefty serving of vegetables.
Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 cup 2% milk or whole
- 1 TBSP white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 lb red potatoes chopped but not peeled
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh parsley optional
- In a glass measuring cup, add milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan or pot and cover with cold water. Over medium-high heat, bring the potatoes to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain the potatoes, and return them to the saucepan.
- Over low heat, add the remaining ingredients to the potatoes. Mash everything together, and serve warm. Enjoy!