Cake recipe without eggs, wheat or gluten, soy, or nuts! Both kids & adults approved
Here's a great option for an egg-free, nut-free, soy-free, & wheat-free cake.
Please note that this is not dairy-free.
It's 3-year-old and adult approved!
The cake was frosted with this easy butter-cream icing.
Some things to know about this recipe:
- If you do not need to make it wheat or gluten-free, you can use regular cake flour or unbleached all-purpose flour.
- If you do use the gluten-free baking mix, know that the cake batter is not going to taste very good. No worries because it comes out great after it's baked & frosted
- The cake is free of eggs, nuts, soy, and wheat & gluten.
- It is not free of dairy - you'll have to make or find dairy-free condensed milk and butter.
(Almost) Allergy Free Birthday Cake
Cake recipe without eggs, wheat or gluten, soy, or nuts! Both kid & adult approvedPrint Rate
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup 100% orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease & flour a 13 x 9" baking pan or two cake pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir.
- Add in the remaining ingredients in the order listed, and stir well to completely combine.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking pans, and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. The cake should be lightly brown, and a cake tester should come out clean.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan on a cooling rack; then remove from pan to a cooling rack.
*Based on this recipe *Use dairy-free sweetened condensed milk and butter for a dairy-free cake. *Check the ingredients list to ensure that there are no potential allergens in the ingredients list. *Make sure the cake is completely cool before frosting. *These can also be baked in muffin tins to make cupcakes. Be sure to spray the tin really well and/or use foil muffin liners. They take about 15-18 minutes to bake.
Did you try this recipe?Be sure to leave a comment & recipe rating below. Bonus points for tagging @memeinge & #livingwellkitchen on Instagram! THANK YOU! xo
Slice of Southern says
Love that you found a good recipe for an almost allergy free cake. Many people will love to see this. Thanks for sharing on Southern Sundays! Hope to see you again soon.
Thanks! The cake really is delicious; even people without food allergies like it 🙂
Kimberly@Five Little Chefs says
Thanks for the recipe. We have friends with allergies this will come in handy. I'd love for you to link up at Fantastic Thursday. Hope to see you there!
Thanks! It's great to have allergy friendly recipes just in case
How thoughtful of you!
I think it's a beautiful cake, and reading the recipe I have no doubt everyone would love it
Thank you so much! It really was enjoyed by everyone. Some even requested the "pink cake" over the regular bakery cake
Love this cake! I will definitely pass this on to my friend who's daughter is allergic to eggs. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.
Thank you! It's a great substitute!
Sparkle and CO says
I can try it with margarine and soy milk or ewe's milk, can't I? This recipe is awesome! egg/gluten free! I'm keeping it for later. Thank you for sharing!!!
I stopped by from the piece o' cake's linky
Definitely! I found some good alternatives to sweetened condensed milk at godairyfree.org
I hope you enjoy the cake!!
Thanks! It was so much fun, and they loved their birthday 🙂
Happy Birthday!!!!! Yummy!!
Thank you so very much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream to Reality! 🙂
Kim of Mo'Betta says
This is great! My 4 y/o son is allergic to nuts and eggs, so I know how challenging baking can be!
Thanks! I hope you try it. Food allergies can be so challenging but you'd never know its allergy free with this cake!
About how many cupcakes will this make and what about timing on it? Thanks!
I've never tried it with cupcakes, but I assume it would be 24 cupcakes. Bake it at the same temperature and just check the cupcakes around 18-20 minutes with a cake tester in one of the cupcakes. It could take longer, not positive.
I hope that helps!
I'll make them as cupcakes next time and come up with more accurate directions. Thanks for your question!
Super late to this party, but where is the actual recipe? My daughter is having her 3rd birthday this weekend and I need a gluten free, egg free, nut free cake!