Cake recipe without eggs, wheat or gluten, soy, or nuts! Both kids & adults approved
Here's a great option for an egg-free, nut-free, soy-free, & wheat-free cake.
Please note that this is not dairy-free.
It's 3-year-old and adult approved!
The cake was frosted with this easy butter-cream icing.
Some things to know about this recipe:
- If you do not need to make it wheat or gluten-free, you can use regular cake flour or unbleached all-purpose flour.
- If you do use the gluten-free baking mix, know that the cake batter is not going to taste very good. No worries because it comes out great after it's baked & frosted
- The cake is free of eggs, nuts, soy, and wheat & gluten.
- It is not free of dairy - you'll have to make or find dairy-free condensed milk and butter.
(Almost) Allergy Free Birthday Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease & flour a 13 x 9" baking pan or two cake pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir.
- Add in the remaining ingredients in the order listed, and stir well to completely combine.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking pans, and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. The cake should be lightly brown, and a cake tester should come out clean.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan on a cooling rack; then remove from pan to a cooling rack.