Allergy-Friendly Birthday Cake recipe is egg-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free. Can easily be made dairy-free. Kid and adult-approved
About Allergy-Friendly Birthday Cake
Here's a great option for an egg-free, nut-free, soy-free, & wheat-free cake.
Please note that this is not dairy-free, but you can easily make it dairy-free with dairy-free butter and condensed milk.
The best part is that it's 3-year-old and adult-approved! So no one has to miss out on birthday cake.
Plus, it's super simple to make. You don't even need a mixer because everything can be combined by hand!
Flour: For this to be gluten-free, use an all-purpose gluten-free flour. Regular all-purpose flour or cake flour can be used as well.
Sweetened condensed milk: To replace granulated sugar and eggs, you'll use sweetened condensed milk. If you need the cake to be dairy-free or vegan, use a dairy-free version.
Orange juice: The flavor of the cake comes from the orange juice and vanilla extract. However, it doesn't have a strong orange flavor; it's more of a subtle orange flavor.
Butter: For texture and crumb, use butter. Unfortunately, oil does not work well in its place. For a dairy-free cake, use dairy-free or vegan butter.
- The cake is naturally egg-free, nut-free, soy-free, and gluten-free.
- To make it dairy-free, use dairy-free condensed milk and dairy-free butter.
- If you do not need to make it wheat or gluten-free, you can use regular cake flour or unbleached all-purpose flour.
- If you use gluten-free baking mix, note that the cake batter does not taste very good. No worries because it comes out great after it's baked & frosted.
What to Serve with Allergy-Friendly Cake
The cake was frosted with this easy butter-cream icing. It is not dairy-free, but you can make it dairy-free by using dairy-free butter and milk.
Or add your preferred frosting or icing.
You can always use store-bought icing/frosting; simply make sure that it is free of any possible allergens you need to avoid.
If you are looking for an allergy-friendly birthday cake that both kids and adults enjoy, you'll love this one!
After testing it multiple times with my extended family, I can confidently share that everyone loved it.
The best part is that no one was missing the eggs, gluten, soy, or nuts.
Allergy-Friendly Birthday Cake
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup 100% orange juice
- ¼ cup water
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease & flour a 13 x 9" baking pan or two cake pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir.
- Add in the remaining ingredients in the order listed, and stir well to completely combine.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking pans, and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. The cake should be lightly brown, and a cake tester should come out clean.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan on a cooling rack; then remove from pan to a cooling rack.
*Based on this recipe