This three cheese naan pizza is topped with roasted garlic, bacon, and greens for a flavor explosion you'll love!
Just like everyone else in the world, I heart pizza!
I don't think it's possible to ever get tired of pizza since the combinations of toppings are basically endless.
When I lived in New Orleans, I think I ate pizza at least 4 times a month which is quite often for someone who cooks pretty much every meal and has endless options of creole cuisine.
[clickToTweet tweet="3 cheese naan #pizza topped w/ roasted garlic, bacon + greens for a flavor explosion you'll love!" quote="3 cheese naan #pizza topped w/ roasted garlic, bacon + greens for a flavor explosion you'll love!"]
What's a B.B.G. pizza? It's bacon, basil and garlic.
Seeing as I can't keep a plant alive to save my life, I don't have much basil hanging around the apartment. And any time I do have basil, I make this tomato soup.
But I do have some kind of green in my fridge at pretty much all times, so I changed up the name of this pizza just a wee bit to fit the ingredients I used.
Baby Kale was my green of choice because I had just purchased a 1.5 pound bag from Costco. Side note: why do I think I'm going to be able to eat one and a half pounds of kale before the kale starts going bad?! I always have good intentions then end up freezing it ha.
So I made this tasty pizza with some baby kale, bacon (yum!) and roasted garlic. If you have already roasted your garlic, this pizza comes together pretty quickly. You just need to cook the bacon then saute the greens in a little bacon grease.
I did not have garlic already roasted, so I had to take an extra 45 minutes to take care of that to make this pizza. But I promise you that it is more than worth it. And pro tip: roast extra garlic because it's always nice to have around. Roasted garlic makes everything taste better, especially soup!
Using naan is nice because you don't have to bother with making a crust or anything. And having three cheeses makes this pizza extra delicious.
I ate this for lunch four days in a row and only quit because I ran out of naan. If only my naan supply was as big as my stash of baby kale... 😉
Bacon, Garlic and Greens Naan Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 375*F.
- In a large skillet, add the bacon and cook over medium heat. Remove the bacon from the skillet and transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble, and set aside. Reserve 1 teaspoon of bacon grease.
- Saute the greens in the reserved teaspoon of bacon grease (or use olive oil). Season with salt.
- Meanwhile, stir together ricotta, 1/4 cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoons parmesan, red pepper flakes, oregano, parsley, and black pepper. Spread an even amount on each piece of naan.
- Top the cheese mixture evenly with crumbled bacon, sauteed greens, and roasted garlic. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons of parmesan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!
Pin for later: