Adding bacon to your grilled cheese makes something already great even better
If you know me at all, even just a little tiny bit, you know how much I like bacon. So this bacon-grilled cheese recipe should come as no surprise.
Since I needed bacon and it's grilled cheese month, I decided to make a bacon grilled cheese.
Per usual, adding bacon made a good thing even better.
A grilled cheese doesn't usually have vegetables (unless you make this heavenly roasted veggie grilled cheese), and this bacon grilled cheese is no exception.
Be sure you serve with a side salad or bowl of fruit to make up for that.
Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices bread
- 2 teaspoon butter softened
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese grated, 1 ounce
- 1 tablespoon green onions chopped
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese ½ ounce
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Spread each slice of bread with the softened butter. Top one slice of bread (butter side dowwith the cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with green onion and bacon slices. Cover evenly with parmesan cheese, and top with other slice of bread (butter side out).
- Place the sandwich in the skillet, and cook until browned on one side, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, and cook until browned. Cut in half and enjoy!