Peaches and mozzarella take chicken from boring to delicious in this easy one-skillet dish
At what point does it get to be excessive to talk about my love for fruits and vegetables?
I hope we haven't gotten there yet because I'm here to tell you how much I love peaches.
Peaches aren't my absolute favorite fruit (that title is for my beloved strawberries), but I do have a sincere, excessive amount of love for peaches.
And peach season is in full force right now which is why any time I see peaches, I buy them. You gotta get them while they're good because a not good peach is so not good. Bleh.
Right now though, peaches are good. Is there anything better than a perfectly ripe, juicy peach? Yum!
So yes, you can eat all your peaches just as is and that's wonderful & delicious. But you can also eat your peaches in savory things, too.
And when you top anything with cheese, it gets infinitely better, no?
Less than 10 ingredients, less than 10 minutes prep time, and ready in under 30 minutes? I'll take it!
Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Peaches
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium peach thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 400*F. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large oven-safe skillet.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and cayenne pepper. Add the chicken in one layer to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes, and flip the chicken. Pour the balsamic vinegar over the chicken.
- Top the chicken with peach slices, and transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until peaches are slightly golden and chicken is cooked.
- Cover with mozzarella, and turn the oven to broil. Broil for about 2-3 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
- Carefully, remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil. Enjoy!