Healthier buffalo chicken wings that are baked not fried
It’s time for the Super Bowl, so you might need some good recipes for a Super Bowl party.
Most tailgating foods are pretty lacking in nutritional value.
It’s pretty easy to fill up on a bunch of snack foods but not really keep you full. You need some good protein but options are pretty limited.
Chicken wings and fried chicken are usually the only options. Maybe there’s sometimes chili and that’s a good choice but I’d say no to the wings & fried foods for sure.
Fried chicken is obviously unhealthy since it’s fried
And chicken wings are usually fried or covered in butter. Plus that sauce is full of sodium.
So today I got some healthier chicken wings for ya
I used drumsticks because I like them better than wings, but use whatever you want.
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 TBSP honey optional
- 1/2 TBSP white vinegar
- 1/2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb. chicken wings or drumsticks
- blue cheese for dipping
- In a medium bowl or zip top bag, stir together the wing sauce, tomato sauce, honey, vinegar, and worcerstershire sauce.
- Toss chicken wings in sauce and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with oil. Take chicken out of sauce and put on baking sheet. Brush chicken with extra sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip chicken and brush with extra sauce. Bake another 5-10 minutes until done. Turn oven to broil and broil for 2 minutes until crispy but not burned.
- Discard any extra sauce used for marinating.
- Serve chicken with additional buffalo wing sauce and/or blue cheese.