Graham cracker crust toffee with only 4 ingredients is so easy and delicious! Great for homemade holiday gifts or Christmas potluck desserts.
This stuff has forever been my favorite
I haven't made it in quite some time because, let's face it, it is not even remotely healthy
But I don't think you have to eat healthy all the time
My general rule of thumb is eating 80-90% healthy and 10-20% not as healthy
During the holiday season, I tend to lean closer toward the 80% and in the other months of the year, it's more like 90%. Go figure.
However, in the spirit of the giving season, I felt the need to share this amazing recipe with you if you don't already have it.
This homemade toffee is ridiculously simple to make and beyond tasty!
Lay down some graham crackers, pour melted butter & sugar on top, bake, top with chocolate chips, and bake again.
No graham crackers?
You can either use saltine crackers or make your own graham crackers in under 25 minutes.
Start by making the graham crackers in the same pan you'll use for the toffee.
Then proceed as directed.
They are both equally amazing, and I'm sure either will make everyone happy.
Graham Cracker Toffee
- 12 graham crackers the large rectangles
- 6 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil. Arrange the graham crackers in the baking dish in one layer. Try to make all the crackers fit - you'll probably have to break some of the crackers. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium low, bring the butter and sugar to a simmer. Stir often. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Carefully pour the butter-sugar mixture over the graham crackers. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the graham crackers. Return to the oven and bake 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and carefully spread the melted chocolate so it covers the graham crackers. Using an offset spatula is really helpful for this.
- If you are using any optional toppings, sprinkle those on now.
- Let the toffee cool, and cut into 24 squares. Keep covered in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- 1-2 tablespoons holiday sprinkles
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- ½ cup chopped peppermints or candy canes
Nutrition facts do not include optional toppings.