Cold Veggie Pizza with a cream cheese base covered in sliced veggie for a tasty appetizer or lunch
When I was little, my mom always made this cold vegetable pizza that I didn't like -- because it didn't have cheese on it and I thought it was impossible to have a tasty pizza without cheese on top.
I just didn't think pizza could be good with a cream cheese base, so I never gave it a chance.
Boy was I wrong.
[clickToTweet tweet="Cold Veggie Pizza w/ a cream cheese base covered in fresh veggies for a tasty #appetizer or lunch" quote="Cold Veggie Pizza w/ a cream cheese base covered in fresh veggies for a tasty #appetizer or lunch"]
This recipe proves my silly inclination that pizza without cheese on top wouldn't be good.
I feel so sad for my younger, stubborn self who never got to enjoy this delicious pizza.
You can make everything ahead of time and assemble right before serving.
I like to serve it for lunch or an appetizer, but it'd be a great snack or even a light dinner with an extra veggie on the side.
You can customize this to put whatever veggies you like best on top. I used sliced raw zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, and roasted bell peppers (from the jar, dried off and sliced).
Any veggie would be delicious. You just need about 3 cups of whatever you use.
If you are making this into thin crust like I did, you want to make sure you eat it right around the time you prepare it because the crust doesn't hold up when you are spreading the cream cheese mixture onto the thin crust.
No worries though because there likely won't be any leftovers with this tasty pizza!
Before we get to the recipe, be sure to watch the bloopers, too 😉
Cold Veggie Pizza
- 8 oz pizza dough whole grain
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup fresh zucchini sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup roasted bell peppers chopped
- 2 tablespoon basil minced
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Stretch out dough into a thin layer onto a greased baking sheet or a pizza stone.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until done. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and yogurt. Add in parsley, paprika and garlic powder until completely combined.
- Spread mixture onto cool pizza crust.
- Top with sliced veggies. Cut into pieces, and enjoy!
What I used to make this recipe:
[showhide type="post" more_text="Click here for Nutrition Facts" less_text="Clear Nutrition Facts"]
Pin for later: