Cauliflower, white beans, and Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Unsweetened make this vegan soup creamy & delicious
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. All opinions and thoughts are my own
If you've been reading this little blog for longer than a month, you know that I'm a bacon-loving, red-meat-eating lady. However, that doesn't mean I can't post the occasional vegan-friendly recipe, right?
I mean, there are some people out there who choose to have Meatless Mondays or eat a more plant based diet. And despite a recent dinner I posted on Instagram, I am usually one of those people.
In the spirit of eating a diet with lots of plants, I decided that I'd make some broccoli soup. I've previously made broccoli cheese soup that was delish, but what if you aren't eating dairy?
Whatever the reason may be for not having dairy, you should still be able to enjoy a bowl of broccoli soup, no?
To make this soup creamy, I used three things: cauliflower, white beans, and Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Unsweetened. Blending them together (after cooking for a little bit) lends to a creamy base for your broccoli soup.
[clickToTweet tweet="AD: Cauliflower, white beans + Unsweetened @almondbreeze make Creamy #Vegan Broccoli Soup delicious" quote="AD: Cauliflower, white beans + Unsweetened @almondbreeze make Creamy #Vegan Broccoli Soup delicious"]
Can we talk about all the magic that is in this bowl?
Cauliflower & broccoli are cancer-fighting friends and have tons of filling fiber. Those beans add in extra fiber plus a little protein to make this a more satisfying soup. Finally, the almond milk makes this creamy with a touch of almond flavor.
Topping this with some sliced almonds and/or nutritional yeast (for a cheesy flavor) makes this hearty soup even better. No toppings on soup makes me sad. Don't ever skip the toppings.
This batch of soup is huge, making 12 cups, but the leftovers last for about a week or so in the fridge.
They aren't as pretty, and you'll need to give it a good stir. It's still delicious though, and that's what matters.
Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces frozen cauliflower
- 15 ounce can white beans rinsed & drained
- 32 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- 24 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. SautÃ© onions for 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, cauliflower, white beans, and almond milk. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- Add in the broccoli, parsley, salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium/medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and used the immersion blender to puree some of the broccoli into the soup.
- Stir well, taste & adjust seasoning if needed, and enjoy! Delicious when topped with sliced almonds and/or nutritional yeast!!
[showhide type="post" more_text="Click here for Nutrition Facts" less_text="Clear Nutrition Facts"]