Cucumber Salad is an easy & simple side dish with feta, cilantro and lime juice that pairs perfectly with Mexican main dishes
Disclosure: I might make a commission for purchases made through links in this post at no extra cost to you.
The other week I made those delicious Guacamole Burgers.
And I made this Cucumber Salad for a side dish.
I added some cilantro and lime juice to tie the flavors together with the Guacamole Burger
Cucumber Salad is a quick and super easy side dish that adds some extra veggies and nutrition to your meal.
There really isn't too terribly much to talk about regarding this cucumber salad. It adds a fresh, tasty, tangy component to your meal.
I used a regular cucumber; you can use an English cucumber if you want. There's about half of a red onion in there, too.
You can use feta cheese or cotija cheese. I used feta because that's what I had, but I would probably use cotija if I had it.
- 2 medium cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- Add the cucumbers to a glass or plastic bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Let sit for about 20-30 minutes. Drain off any juice that has accumulated.
- Add onion, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, and cilantro. Stir well. Add in cheese if using.
- Best if enjoyed within one to two days of preparing.
[showhide type="post" more_text="Click here for Nutrition Facts" less_text="Clear Nutrition Facts"]
What to use in this recipe: