Only need a few cupcakes? This is the perfect recipe for you!
I see no problem with having a cupcake every now and then, but most recipes make at least a dozen cupcakes and it can be pretty tough to ignore those adorable little treats.
My solution: make smaller batches of treats so you’re not tempted to eat way too many.
I tried them two ways to see which one had better texture & taste.
One batch had half butter half Greek yogurt. The other had all Greek yogurt.
Oddly enough, I think the all Greek yogurt was the one I liked better, but honestly, they were both good & I could hardly notice a difference.
They aren’t super sweet so I like the icing, but you don’t have to do it.
I like these better cold. That way you can’t tell that they are whole wheat.
I made mine mini, so each serving is 3 mini cupcakes. But you can use regular muffin tins and make 2 cupcakes.
Cupcakes for Two
For the cupcakes:
For the icing, optional:
- 1/2 TBSP butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
For the cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together Greek yogurt, egg white, sugar, and vanilla extract. Make sure it is well combined.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
For the icing
- Whisk together all the ingredients. If needed, add more milk to thin out the icing.