Edamame Hummus is a chickpea-free version of hummus full of protein, fiber, and potassium
Oooh this is gooood! Even more exciting is how good it is for you. It is made with edamame (hence the name), which is full of filling fiber, heart protecting potassium, and protein.
I love making hummus, and this hummus might be my new fav. The ingredients are simple, too. Here's what you'll need:
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice about ½ large lemon
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Put edamame and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and take coating off edamame.
- Process cooked edamame, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic, red pepper flakes, and all-purpose seasoning in a food processor until well combined. Add parsley and process until smooth.
- Serve with sliced veggies or pita chips. Enjoy!