A few simple pantry staples make up this flavorful, vegan salad that is great to keep in the fridge when hunger strikes
Cooking at home saves so. much. money. But I’m pretty sure you already knew that.
Unfortunately, cooking at home can be a less than pleasant experience when you are short on time, need to go to the grocery store, don’t know what to cook, forgot an ingredient, think that cooking at home means boring food, the list goes on.
I’d like to help ease those problems, and this Greek Quinoa Salad does an excellent job.
A) it takes about 20-25 minutes to make.
B) every single ingredient is a pantry item so no need for a grocery store trip if your kitchen is stocked with the right ingredients.
C) this is too delicious for you not to cook it; plus it’s acceptable for almost all dietary preferences: gluten free, dairy free, vegan.
D) it is not at all boring!
[clickToTweet tweet=”You only need a few pantry staples for this easy #vegan #GF Greek Quinoa Salad” quote=”You only need a few pantry staples for this easy #vegan #GF Greek Quinoa Salad”]
To avoid getting in my don’t know what to cook rut, I tend to focus on a few basic dishes, so I can take the thought process out of the equation.
You can also make a big batch and keep it in your fridge for a snack, lunch, or light dinner.
But what I think I really like, other than the great flavor you get in a Greek dish, is that spices can make meals so much more exciting and tastier.
That means you don’t have to spend a lot of money on special ingredients. You only need a few spices in your cabinet to make your meals go from drab to fab.
Ok, so I sound like a used cars salesperson trying to convince you that this budget friendly dish is great, so I’m gonna just let you try it out yourself and get back to me in 45 minutes once you’d had time to prepare it, eat it, and clean it up. Can’t beat that!
Greek Quinoa Salad
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth chicken broth or water
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 15 ounce can artichoke hearts chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 roasted red bell pepper chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives about 20 olives
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onions and quinoa, and cook for 3 minutes stirring very often.
- Stir in the broth (or water), oregano, pepper, garlic powder, and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Let cook for about 15 minutes until the liquid has absorbed.
- Transfer quinoa to a bowl. Stir in the artichoke hearts, red pepper, olives, and vinegar. Enjoy hot or cold!
Doesn’t this recipe look good?! You should probably pin it for later: