Fully loaded nachos with a double layer of chips covered in beef, red or black beans, peppers, onions, cheese, avocado, tomatoes & jalapeños and baked in the oven.
Healthier loaded nachos?
Double layers of tortilla chips are topped with a seasoned ground beef, bean, onion, and bell pepper mixture, smothered in cheese, and sprinkled with fresh tomatoes, avocados, green onion, and a few jalapeños.
YES, PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
You can make these without beef if you want, too. Use ground turkey breast, shredded chicken, or make them vegetarian by omitting the meat all together and adding an additional cup of beans.
You are free to make this healthy nachos recipe any way you like 🙂
The recipe serves 4-8.
I love serving these healthier loaded nachos for dinner, and they are also a crowd-pleasing appetizer to serve about 8 people.
Oh and tortilla chips differ in size, so they're serving size differs as well.
I like the triangle shaped chips but it's up to your own personal preference.
I typically use about half (more or less) of an 11 oz. bag. Nutrition facts are based off using 6 ounces of chips.
There isn't much else for me to talk about other than the fact that they're down right delicious.
Seeing as I look like a 4 year old and am covered in cheesy nacho love, they gotta be good!
and you're welcome 🙂
Now get thee to the store and make these this weekend.
Healthy Loaded Nachos
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 2 medium onions diced
- 2 medium bell peppers diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup beans any kind
for the nachos:
- 6 oz tortilla chips
- 1-½ cup shredded cheese 6 ounces
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 roma tomatoes cored, seeded, & diced
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 small jalapenos sliced, if desired
- Add ground beef, onions, and bell peppers to a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until ground beef is done. Drain if needed.
- Add chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and beans to skillet. Stir well, and cook for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
For the microwave:
- Arrange half of chips on 2 large or 4 small plates. Sprinkle with ⅓ of the cheese. Top with half of the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with ⅓ of the cheese. Top with remaining chips. Top with the remaining ground beef mixture, and then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Microwave for 45-60 seconds until cheese is melted.
- Top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
For the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil for easier cleanup if desired.
- Arrange half of chips in 2 large or 4 small circles on the prepared baking sheet(s).
- Sprinkle with ⅓ of the cheese. Top with half of the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with ⅓ of the cheese. Top with remaining chips. Top with the remaining ground beef mixture, and then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
[showhide type="post" more_text="Click here for Nutrition Facts" less_text="Clear Nutrition Facts"]
What I used in this recipe:
Want more nachos? Try these!
Sean M says
There's nothing healthy about this!!! The differences in lean ground beef and higher fat is minimal because of improper labeling regulations. Better yet, substitute that beef for something that's actually healthy!
Dump the grated cheese too, since all commercial grated cheese contains cellulose. And NEVER, EVER buy reduced fat.
There's no such thing as a health tortilla chip.
Thanks for your comment. We are all entitled to have our own opinions about health. By the way, I never recommend pre-shredded cheese. I always grate my own 🙂
This looks great! It's much healthier than the nachos I eat, and I wil try it! Good job!
I made these nachos 3 weeks ago for a movie night with some family members. They were delicious! In the past my nacho making consisted of chips and some cheese microwaved together, which led to a dry/burned cheese on chip experience. I got a bunch of compliments on this recipe and am having them back tonight for more! Thanks so much for sharing! 🙂
Oh my gosh you just made my day!! Thanks for taking the time to come back and comment.
I am SO happy you enjoyed them; aren't they the best?! 🙂 Have a nice weekend!
I love ground meat as a nachos topping, I'm going to give your recipe a try. Thanksl
Thank you!! Enjoy 🙂
Holly Marie Pelton says
My family loves nachos so I will definitely be making these this week for them!
Could nachos be any more perfect? I think not!
Not gonna lie, I typically make the most boring nachos around. That stops now thanks to these!!!
Thanks for this recipe! Can't wait to try.
Hooray!! Thanks 🙂