Forgot those sugar-filled instant oatmeal packets from the grocery store; these homemade instant oatmeal packs are great to help you save money and time in the mornings! Plus, you control what ingredients are in your packs
Breakfast is my jam.
I am one of those people that wakes up and instantly wants food. Forget coffee — gimme something to eat!
Most mornings, I have protein pancakes or egg muffins. But some mornings, I am in a rush to get out the door or I am in need of a mid-morning snack that won’t give me a dreaded sugar crash later on.
And that’s why I love these instant oatmeal packs!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Homemade instant oatmeal packs are great to help you save money and time in the mornings” quote=”Homemade instant oatmeal packs are great to help you save money and time in the mornings”]
All you do is stir together your ingredients and fill little bags or small containers. Then add hot water when you’re hungry, and you’re good to go!
You can customize these based on your liking, but the recipe is basically the same.
I use old fashioned rolled oats then pulse them in the food processor to make them more “instant,” but you can also buy the unflavored instant oats from the store.
I like adding a little sugar because completely sugar-free oatmeal (that isn’t savory) is weird to me. I also like to add a little extra protein in the form of seeds, nuts and/or nut flour.
The world is your oyster here as you can add anything your little heart desires.
Speaking of heart, oats are full of fiber that show your heart some love. The soluble fiber in oats helps to balance your cholesterol levels, so not only do they taste great, they’re also good for your body 🙂
Love when that happens!
Peanut, Banana andChocolate Instant Oatmeal Packs
- In a mini food processor, pulse together the rolled oats, flax meal, and brown sugar until the oats have become chopped (but not turned into a flour).
- Add in peanut flour and pulse to combine.
- Transfer to a bowl, and stir in chocolate chips and bananas.
- Scoop about 1/3 to 1/2 cup mixture to individual bags or containers.
- When ready to eat, pour oats into a heatproof bowl and add hot water. Let sit for 1-5 minutes until thickened and stir well. Enjoy!
Check out the video on Facebook:0