Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza is so delicious... so so delicious. Unfortunately, it's not on the menu anymore.
And while this isn't the same, it's close enough when you have the craving.
- 2 small whole grain tortillas
- ½ cup black beans or kidney beans, mashed
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup leftover taco meat like lentils, beef, chicken, or pork
- 3 tablespoon pizza sauce
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon cheese any kind, divided
- 1 chopped green onion or 1 tablespoon cooked onion, optional
- Place tortillas directly on oven racks, and turn oven on to 400°Toast tortillas for 5 minutes in preheating oven. Flip and toast another 3 minutes (be sure the tortillas are not browning too much). Set aside.
- Mix mashed beans, chili powder, and water. Spread onto one tortilla. Put tortilla on a baking sheet lined with foil or sprayed with cooking spray. Top mashed beans with seasoned taco filling. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese over it. Top with other tortilla.
- Spread pizza sauce over tortilla. Sprinkle with tomatoes and onions if desired. Top with remaining 3 tablespoon cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 8 minutes. Enjoy!