A smoky, earthy twist on a margarita, this tasty and interesting Mushroom Margarita is a great way to enjoy mezcal and the benefits of medicinal mushrooms
Also, I thought about making a drink with mushrooms and decided against that.
Luckily, mushroom powders and mushroom extract powders are easy to get your hands on whether you can make it to a health food store or order off amazon.
I tested this recipe multiple times because I wanted to make SURE that it was good before I filmed a video and shared it online.
This is not for someone who doesn't like mushrooms or smoky flavors or earthy flavors because it has all of those flavors. But not in a weird-gross way... more like a weird-good way.
I can't really explain it other than it is one of those drinks that I want to sip and savor because it is so interesting.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon mushroom powder
- 3 tablespoons mezcal
- 1 tablespoon triple sec optional
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup sparkling water preferably lime or lemon flavored
- Add the lime juice, orange juice, mushroom powder, and mezcal to a jar (with a lid) or cocktail shaker. If using triple sec, add also.
- Screw on lid and shake very well.
- Pour salt on a plate and rub the rim of your glass with the lime. Flip the glass onto the plate and press in the salt to get a salted rim.
- Add ice to the glass and pour in margarita mixture. Top with sparkling water. Taste and add additional lime or orange juice or more sparkling water.
- Enjoy immediately!