Roasted Eggplant Hummus is a tasty way to enjoy hummus with some added veggies. In fact, each serving of this appetizer has a whole serving of vegetables
I have this obsession with hummus. I've made it too many times to count, and I've posted about it borderline too many times to be normal.
There are just so many flavor options! Artichoke, Pumpkin, Greek, Spinach & Avocado, and so. much. more.
It wouldn't be weird if I had an I ♥ hummus bumpersticker.
Well I guess it would be kinda weird, but it wouldn't be a lie.
Since eggplant is in season for the next few months, I thought it would be a good idea to make an eggplant hummus.
Naturally, I thought right.
Roasting the eggplant really brings out its flavor and makes this hummus good-oooo-oood.
I love how this hummus is so satisfying but also packs in the veggies.
I discuss my obsession with veggies almost daily, so it shouldn't surprise you that hummus with lots of veggies that's served with veggies makes me really happy. Even if you're not a veggie-loving freak like me, you will like this roasted eggplant hummus.
Roasted Eggplant Hummus
- 1.5 pound eggplant chopped (about 8 cups)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 15 ounce can chickpeas rinsed & drained
- 1 medium lemon juiced, about ¼ cup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450*F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil (for easier clean up).
- Toss chopped eggplant with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Transfer to baking sheet, and roast for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Add eggplant to the bowl of a food processor. Process until combined, about 30 seconds. Add chickpeas and process until pureed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt, and cayenne pepper. Process for about 30 seconds. Pour in remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and process until smooth. Taste and add additional seasonings if necessary. Serve with sliced veggies, crackers, or chips.
What to Use in This Recipe
[showhide type="post" more_text="Click here for Nutrition Facts" less_text="Clear Nutrition Facts"]
Doesn't this recipe look good?! You should probably share it:
No such thing as hummus addiction...I think it's pretty normal 😉 This roasted eggplant version is right up my alley - LOVE. Pinned!
Haha thanks girl! I'm glad I'm not alone 😉
Alex Caspero MA,RD (@delishknowledge) says
You should totally make a I love hummus bumper sticker! I would buy it! Love this recipe- sounds amazing!
Yay! Glad I'm not the only one who loves hummus that much 🙂 Thanks Alex!