Roasted Eggplant Hummus is a tasty way to enjoy hummus with some added veggies. In fact, each serving of this appetizer has a whole serving of vegetables
I have this obsession with hummus. I've made it too many times to count, and I've posted about it borderline too many times to be normal.
It wouldn't be weird if I had an I ♥ hummus bumpersticker.
Well I guess it would be kinda weird, but it wouldn't be a lie.
Since eggplant is in season for the next few months, I thought it would be a good idea to make an eggplant hummus.
Naturally, I thought right.
Roasting the eggplant really brings out its flavor and makes this hummus good-oooo-oood.
I love how this hummus is so satisfying but also packs in the veggies.
I discuss my obsession with veggies almost daily, so it shouldn't surprise you that hummus with lots of veggies that's served with veggies makes me really happy. Even if you're not a veggie-loving freak like me, you will like this roasted eggplant hummus.
Roasted Eggplant Hummus
- 1.5 pound eggplant chopped (about 8 cups)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 15 ounce can chickpeas rinsed & drained
- 1 medium lemon juiced, about 1/4 cup
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450*F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil (for easier clean up).
- Toss chopped eggplant with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Transfer to baking sheet, and roast for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Add eggplant to the bowl of a food processor. Process until combined, about 30 seconds. Add chickpeas and process until pureed, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt, and cayenne pepper. Process for about 30 seconds. Pour in remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and process until smooth. Taste and add additional seasonings if necessary. Serve with sliced veggies, crackers, or chips.
[showhide type="post" more_text="Click here for Nutrition Facts" less_text="Clear Nutrition Facts"]
Doesn't this recipe look good?! You should probably share it: