This Roasted Vegetable Salad with Hummus Dressing is a delicious way to enjoy your veggies, and it is great for everyone since it's vegan, gluten free and nut free.
You know that time or year that it's too soon for salads and cold foods but you're no longer craving casseroles and tons of soup? Well, March/April are those months for me.
It's not too hot but not too cold, and I just can't ever really decide what I want to eat.
Whenever that happens, I usually decide to make roasted vegetables. Well, I make roasted vegetables as much as possible.
But this time, instead of just making the roasted veggies and eating them, I turned them into a little salad.
This tasty salad proves that you don't have to eat lettuce to get your veggies in. And while salad is awesome, sometimes I'm not in the mood. And that's where this tasty salad comes into the scene.
It's great served room temperature or cold, and it keeps a few days in the fridge. It makes a lot (11 cups), so you could make it on Sunday or Monday and use it throughout the week as sides, base for lunch, snacks, whatever.
Here are the ways I served this salad: as a side dish for dinner, as a topping for eggs, served over lettuce for extra veggies, stirred in some cooked shredded chicken, and then just ate it straight from the container from the fridge ha.
This Roasted Vegetable Salad is also great because it's vegan and gluten free and nut free, so pretty much anyone can enjoy it!
It'd be great to take to a potluck or when you're in charge of bringing a side dish because it's incredibly delicious, full of veggies, easy to make ahead of time, and not too "healthy."
This dressing adds a nice flavor element to the salad, and you can use any flavor hummus you like best. I used spicy hummus but it would be equally tasty with plain hummus.
If you aren't a fan of a specific veggie listed in the ingredients, feel free to leave it out or add something else. You could add carrots, potatoes, or more of the veggies mentioned.
Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup hummus
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- Preheat the oven to 375*F. Line two baking sheets with foil, if desired. Chop the vegetables.
- Put the chopped cauliflower, bell peppers, and onions on the baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. Stir and roast another 10-15 minutes until done. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by stirring together the hummus, lemon juice, one tablespoon of olive oil, water, and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes and cucumbers to a bowl. Add the cooled roasted vegetables to the bowl and pour dressing over the veggies. Stir well to completely cover all the veggies. Enjoy!