Quick, easy, and veggie-filled stir-fry perfect for lunch or dinner
Do you ever have too many veggies in your house and you're trying to prevent food waste?
Perfect! That's what this recipe for sausage and veggie stir-fry is here for.
The sausage gives so much flavor that you don't really even need anything other than veggies and a touch of salt to add flavor.
The key is to pick good sausage. I love red pepper and spinach sausage. It's a staple in my fridge/freezer.
But you're definitely going to want a good sausage because that's the main ingredient that gives flavor to the whole dish.
Make sure to add a source of carbohydrate to give your meal some staying power.
I like to serve this over cooked rice, pasta, or quinoa. Or I'll add some garlic bread.
Did I mention that this is super quick, especially if you have the veggies chopped beforehand?
It's a weeknight dream dinner or a quick lunch luxury.
Sausage and Veggie Stir-fry
- 1 pound sausage sliced
- 2 medium bell peppers diced
- 2 medium onions diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups fresh spinach chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced sausage, and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to sausage to a plate.
- Add bell peppers and onions the skillet and sauté for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms release their juices, about 7 minutes.
- Add in garlic and spinach and cook until spinach reduces, about 3 minutes.
- Add in reserved sausage and cook for 5 minutes until warmed through. Enjoy!
[showhide type="post" more_text="Click here for Sausage Stir-fry Nutrition Facts" less_text="Clear Nutrition Facts"]
Doesn't this recipe look good?! You should probably share it: