An easy side dish with only 5 ingredients
Have you ever tried broccolini? If you haven’t, maybe it’s time you do.
This easy sautéed broccolini is a great way to try it. It’s simple to make and only requires five ingredients.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Sautéed broccolini is an easy #side dish with only 5 ingredients” quote=”Sautéed broccolini is an easy side dish with only 5 ingredients”]
Broccolini is a less intense version of broccoli. It has all the health benefits but its flavor flies under the radar compared to broccoli.
Don’t get me wrong, I love broccoli. But some people don’t because of its distinct flavor.
Cut that strong flavor in half, and you have broccolini.
Then sauté it in olive oil with garlic and red pepper flakes, and you have this easy side dish that is spicy, savory, and nutritious.
I served this with roasted chicken and sorta kinda ate the entire batch of broccolini.
The richness of the olive oil pairs well with the flavors of the garlic and broccolini.
The red pepper flakes add a little kick to it, but it’s optional if you are not a fan of spicy things.
- 1 pound broccolini washed & chopped
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP minced garlic about 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add chopped broccolini, and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from hot water immediately.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or large skillet. Add broccolini, and stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add in garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and serve. Enjoy!