Great weeknight meal ready in under 30 minutes, made all in one skillet
Make the BBQ sauce today. Then tonight make this Skillet BBQ Chicken Pasta.
Skillet BBQ Chicken Pasta
Great weeknight meal ready in under 30 minutes, made all in one skilletPrint Rate
- 2 teaspoon oil olive or avocado oil
- 8 ounces chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth or water
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ⅛ cups whole wheat penne pasta 5 ounces
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet (preferably a deep skillet) over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces, onion, & garlic, and cook for 7-10 minutes until chicken is done and onion has softened. Remove chicken, onions, & garlic from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken broth, water, and pasta to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduced heat & simmer for 15 minutes, until almost all the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is tender.
- Stir in the BBQ sauce, salt, and yogurt. Then stir in the chicken & onions. Cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses. Top with green onions & serve. Dig in!
*Based on this recipe from PreventionRD
Did you try this recipe?Be sure to leave a comment & recipe rating below. Bonus points for tagging @memeinge & #livingwellkitchen on Instagram! THANK YOU! xo
Just connected to you site via dashboard and what a great alternative pasta dish. something that fulfills multiple cravings. Delish.
Glad you're here! The pasta is different but so good & so easy!
That looks deep, dark rich and delicious.
It really is delicious - a definite crowd pleaser!
Nicole, RD says
There is NO going wrong wtih the pasta...or anything BBQ! I'm so glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the sweet link love! xo!
Thanks for the recipe 🙂