This Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie has only five ingredients that all pack a nutritious punch. Plus, it's kid created & approved!
Whenever life gets busy, it gets all too easy to forget about meals and snacks.
You'll just grab some food to go or order take out and it'll be fine, right?
Yes, it can be fine, but it can get quite expensive. Plus, you are often limited on options that will actually provide your body with the nourishment it needs (especially when you're going a mile a minute).
That's why my niece and I created this Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie. It is super easy to make, with only 5 ingredients, and it is full of vitamins, fiber, and satisfying protein. But most importantly, it's delicious!!
Because Joy and I are both Christmas lovers, we wanted to make a smoothie to celebrate the holiday.
We decided that having a red layer and a green layer would be a really fun smoothie. It reminds me of sand art. And just a little note: this tastes best when you stir it together. It's just not as pretty as the swirly red & green layer.
Despite it being red and green, I will be making this all year!
This makes a big smoothie, which I love. And you can even use less water to create a thicker smoothie bowl.
It would be delicious sprinkled with some chia seeds and a few sliced strawberries and/or kiwi.
You can also split in half to serve two for a smaller snack.
After testing the recipe and filming the recipe, I decided to taste the smoothie when I added all the ingredients together in the blender (not doing layers) and it was equally delicious. So if you do not need a red & green layer, just toss it all in and blend.
Now go enjoy your 5 ingredient, 5 minute nourishing meal at home or even on the go! Cheers!
Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries about 8-10 strawberries
- 1 serving protein powder unflavored or vanilla
- ¾ cup water divided
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 small kiwis peeled
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon or orange juice
To make a layered smoothie:
- Add the strawberries, protein powder, and ½ cup water to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and pour into a large glass.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the glass and enjoy immediately! (Best if stirred before enjoying)
For a regular smoothie:
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately!