This Sweet and Sour Chicken takes less time to make than waiting for that delivery person to bring you your dinner. Make this instead.
Sunday’s are one of the best days of the week.
Especially if you can do something relaxing like watch movies while it rains all day and eat pizza or Chinese food.
Yes, pizza & Chinese food. It’s just what my friends and I do on Sundays. Please, no judging…
But no one wants a food hangover come Monday morning, so I like to make healthier pizza and/or Chinese food.
Today, here’s your Sunday recipe for Chinese food. Tomorrow you’ll get some pizza.
Oh, and you can make this any day of the week because it takes less than 30 minutes start to finish.
You’re welcome 🙂
Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 8 ounce diced pineapple
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBSP tamari sauce lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 TBSP chili paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 TBSP oil avocado or coconut oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper or red, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 lb. snow peas
- 1 lb. chicken breast cut into pieces
- cooked brown rice
- Drain pineapples, set aside, and reserve pineapple juice. Whisk together pineapple juice, cornstarch, garlic powder, soy sauce, chili paste, and water. Set aside
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions & pepper, and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add snow peas & chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in reserved mixture with the reserved pineapples, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.