Cheesy and delicious, these crave-able baked Tomato Basil Nachos are ready in under 30 minutes with minimal prep work. This vegetarian, gluten-free recipe is great for lunch, light dinner, or healthy appetizer.
I made these nachos over the summer when my mom's garden was just around the corner. Her garden was teaming with basil. It was almost laughable at the amount she had.
I happily borrowed some of her basil for these nachos and enjoyed every last one because nachos are the greatest quick meal ever.
These are super simple. I love making nachos because they're easy to make plus they are fun to eat.
Prep work is minimal. You chop one onion & a tomato, mince garlic, slice the other tomato and grate some cheese. I used the Cabot Tomato Basil Cheese for an extra tomato basil flavor, but regular cheddar would be delish!
To make these crave-able nachos, you sauté one onion and add in some garlic & chopped tomatoes. Then cover tortilla chips with this veggie mixture, sprinkle with cheese, and broil until your cheese is bubbly & melted. Top with a little basil and some greek yogurt for extra flavor and protein. Then dig in!
I hope you have some basil and the other 7 ingredients (that's it woohoo!) because these are tasty and EASY!
MORE NACHO RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE:
Tomato Basil Nachos
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion about 1 ¼ cup, diced
- 1 clove garlic about 1 tsp, minced
- 2 roma tomatoes one chopped & one sliced
- 3 ounces tortilla chips
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese about ¾ cup, shredded
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt for serving
- Preheat the broiled and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Add the onions, and sauté for 5-7 minutes until the onions are lightly golden.
- Add in the garlic and chopped tomatoes. Sauté for 5 minutes, until tomatoes slightly breakdown and garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, arrange the tortilla chips is two piles on the baking sheet. Transfer the veggie mixture evenly over the chips. Top each pile of nachos with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with grated cheese. Transfer to the oven to broil until cheese is bubbly, about 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully cut the foil in half, making two servings of nachos. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with basil. Top with yogurt if using. Enjoy!
Tomato Basil Nutrition Facts
Kelli @Hungry Hobby says
And they Dietitians don't eat fun food! HELLO THESE NACHOS LOOK ALL GROWN UP AND DELICIOUS!
Haha! EXACTLY!! Nachos are a staple in my diet 😉
Regan @ Cabot Creamery says
When I come to visit you in sunny Cali, let's eat these nachos before we go get that Mango Mojito you promised... deal??
YES! That idea makes me soo happy 🙂