A loaded cheese spread perfect for snacking any time of the day made with cheddar cheese and packed with almonds, jalapeños, garlic, and green onions
You can make a big batch on a Sunday and enjoy the rest of the week, or make some and enjoy it immediately. It's up to you. But just so you know, you're going to want to make a big batch because this stuff is incredibly good.
I love it because it has simple ingredients but so. much. flavor.
This loaded pimento cheese is made with cheddar cheese & cottage cheese and is loaded with toasted almonds, jalapeños, garlic, and green onions.
As for the loaded part of the pimento cheese, use whatever nut you like best. I always have almonds, so I chose those. Walnuts would also be great here. I like my pimento cheese spicy, so I include most of the jalapeño seeds but feel free to use less or take out all the seeds.
One thing to know about pimento cheese is that the longer it sits, the more pronounced the flavors get.
Pimento cheese is tasty right after making it, but the flavors intensify after a few hours. Make sure not to go overboard with your jalapeños or you'll have super spicy loaded pimento cheese.
Whatever you do, make sure you do not, I repeat do not, buy pre-shredded cheese. You must grate the cheese yourself. It makes a significant difference!
Other than that, the recipe is pretty straightforward and easy, which is great because you'll be making it often.
Loaded Pimento Cheese
- ½ chopped almonds 2 ounces
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 4 ounce jar diced pimentos drained
- 3 tablespoon chopped green onions about 2 green onion
- 2 tablespoon minced jalapeños about ½ jalapeño
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic 1 small clove
- In a dry skillet, toast almonds over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes until they are lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, grate the cheddar cheese. Add in cottage cheese and stir well. Add in pimentos, green onions, jalapeños, garlic, and toasted almonds. Mix until completely combined. Refrigerate until ready to enjoy!
- Great served with veggies & crackers, on toast, or in a sandwich