Spicy, cheesy, veggie filled Crawfish Nachos make for an easy and delicious meal you’ll look forward to eating
What better way to cure the Monday blues than by having crawfish nachos?
In all honesty, I kind of like Mondays. I love the idea of a fresh new week. So many possibilities lie ahead for the week. Nothing like a fresh start.
What I don’t love is the anxiety of the Sunday night/Monday morning to-do list. That feeling that you have so. much. to. do. and wondering how you’re going to fit it all in.
The thought of preparing dinner on Monday shouldn’t be one of the causes of that anxiety. Making nachos is luckily quite easy. You start by sautéing some veggies then stir in spices, crawfish, and cream cheese. Now cover your chips with this mixture & some cheese and broil for a few minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Then you’re ready to enjoy!
I love how these are rich & satisfying without being over the top. I’m all for enjoying my food, but I don’t want a stomach ache after. With only a touch of butter and a little cream cheese, you still have the creaminess without it being too much.
I packed in the veggies because I am obsessed with getting in more veggies no matter what day of the week it is. Veggies bulk up the dish while adding fiber and tons of nutrients.
When you’re buying your tortilla chips looks for chips that have a simple ingredients list… something like corn, salt, water, and lime juice.
I also like to get the chips that include more chips per serving. The tortilla chips I used had 16 chips per ounce, so each serving got about 24 chips. It was the perfect ratio of crawfish-veggie mixture to chips to cheese.
You can use leftover cooked crawfish or find frozen cooked crawfish in the freezer section of the store.
I usually find it in 12 ounce packages, so you’ll only use half of the package. Either double the recipe to serve more or reserve the other 6 ounces to make Crawfish Bread (you will not be sorry!).
This recipe can also be made to serve one. Prepare the crawfish veggie mixture as written and reserve half of the mixture and only use 1.5 ounces of chips and 1 ounce of cheese to make one serving. Then use the other half of the mixture for another meal.
I hope these cheesy, crawfish & veggie nachos brighten your Monday like they do mine. And more importantly, I hope they help ease any Monday night dinner worries.
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup bell pepper 1 medium, diced
- 1 1/4 cup onion 1 medium, diced
- 1/2 cup celery 1 large stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes one small tomato
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP cream cheese
- 1 TBSP lemon juice 1/2 small lemon
- 1 cup crawfish meat 6 ounces
- 3 ounces tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese 2 ounces
- chopped fresh cilantro and green onions for serving
- Heat the butter in a large skillet. Add the bell peppers, onions, and celery. Saute veggies for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Stir in tomatoes, parsley, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir well, and stir in cream cheese and lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes until cream cheese is incorporated. Stir in crawfish, and cook for 1 minute until crawfish is coated in the mixture. Remove from heat.
- Spread the chips in a thin layer on a baking sheet (I usually line the baking sheet with foil). Top the chips with crawfish mixture. Cover with cheese, and broil for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and/or green onions if using. Enjoy!
Looking for other recipes to use up cooked crawfish? Here are some tasty ones: