Spicy and sweet, this rich hot chocolate will satisfy your craving for a warm, comforting beverage.
It's soup and hot chocolate season which is the best season. I honestly don't love being cold but the fact that I can warm up with soup and hot chocolate makes it all better!
This hot chocolate is both spicy and sweet at the same time. The cinnamon adds warmth and sweetness while the spicy cayenne pepper adds a nice kick.
Instead of using a bunch of added sugar, I use maple syrup because it's very sweet and has extra flavor. Yes, that's sugar, but cocoa powder needs sugar to taste sweet.
With this rich Mayan Hot Chocolate, one is more than enough to satisfy that craving for a comforting chocolatey treat!
Mayan Hot Chocolate
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups a2 Milk®
- Whisk together water, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly whisk in a little a2 Milk®. Stir to completely incorporate the milk; then whisk in remaining milk. Stir to completely combine.
- Heat for about 5-8 minutes until milk is hot but not boiling. Pour into mugs and enjoy!