These easy Ranch Burgers are great for your next summer BBQ! Skip the packets of dressing mix and easily use a combination of spices & seasonings to make this healthy, hearty burger that can be grilled or baked in the oven.
About Ranch Burgers
I've already done a post on Ranch dressing, so when I saw a commercial for Ranch Burgers using a packet of Ranch dressing mix, I thought "Why not make them from scratch?"
Mostly because I didn't have the ranch packets in my kitchen, but I do have a lot of spices.
Yes, they are more work... like 3 minutes more work. But if you can use a measuring spoon, you can make your own Ranch burgers from scratch.
Beef: My personal preference is ground sirloin or 90/10. There is enough fat to keep your burger from drying out but not too much where your burger is greasy and shrinks because so much of the fat is released.
Make sure you don't buy extra lean (like 96/4) or your burgers might end up really dry. You can always add a tablespoon of oil to the mixture if needed.
How to Make Ranch Burgers
Nothing out of the ordinary here... you'll stir together spices and gently mix them into ground meat. Then shape them into patties, and cook.
You can grill the burgers or cook them inside on the stove or in the oven. My preferred indoor choice for cooking burgers is with a cast iron skillet on the stove, but you could easily broil them in the oven.
Make Ahead Ideas
You can mix and shape these burgers into patties. Keep in the refrigerator until you're ready to cook. Take them out of the fridge right before you start preheating the grill, oven, or skillet.
Variations & Substitutions
These burgers can be made with both ground beef or ground turkey.
You can add shredded cheese into the ground meat mixture, or I like to add a slice of cheddar right before removing them from the heat.
What to Serve with Ranch Burgers
I really like how just a few simple pantry ingredients can give so much flavor to your burgers. And that you don't have to buy ranch dressing mix packets to make these tasty Ranch Burgers.
MORE BURGER RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE:
- Blue Cheese, Caramelized Onion, Arugula Burger
- Avocado Black Bean Burger
- Sesame Tuna Burger
- Greek Quinoa Turkey Burger
- Avocado Salmon Burger
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns whole grain
- lettuce, tomato, cheese optional toppings
- In a small bowl, stir together parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle spice mixture into ground beef and stir gently. Try not to over-mix the meat, or you risk your burgers being tough.
- Shape into 4 patties and grill or broil in the oven.
- Serve on whole grain hamburger buns or in lettuce leaves with lettuce, tomato, cheese, ketchup, mustard, etc. Enjoy!
What to Use in This Recipe
This post was originally posted on July 3rd, 2013. Text has been updated.