This spiked king cake smoothie is a tasty, nourishing, and filling concoction that'll keep you marching the parade route all day long
It's that time of year! Mardi Gras is upon us, which means king cake everywhere.
You can get king cake-flavored anything: coffee, vodka, muffins, smoothies.
That is until Sunday when I went to the King Cake Festival. Well, I went to the fitness challenge before the festival because barre3 New Orleans participated in the fitness challenge. After the fitness challenge, Smoothie King had King Cake Smoothie samples.
I felt like I could tolerate a smoothie since it wasn't cake. I'm glad I did because they were tasty, so I recreated it myself!
I added some spinach because they don't sell carrot sticks next to the cotton candy and blow-up tubas (i.e. I need a few veggies in my Mardi Gras diet)
And since it is Mardi Gras, I spiked my smoothie because duh all Mardi Gras smoothies should be spiked. If you're not interested in adding rum and/or amaretto, just omit it and add some extra almond milk if necessary.
Other than that, this smoothie is a tasty, nourishing, and filling concoction that'll keep you marching the parade route all day long.
King Cake Smoothie
- ½ banana frozen
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk or pecan milk
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt or other plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- dash of salt
- 2 tablespoon amaretto optional
- 2 tablespoon rum optional
- Add frozen banana, spinach, almond milk, greek yogurt, maple syrup (if using), vanilla extract, cinnamon, almond extract, and dash of salt to a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a glass and stir in amaretto and rum if using.