A great option for a healthy & tasty breakfast if you are allergic to eggs, following a vegan diet, or just want to try something different.
If you are allergic to eggs, following a vegan diet, or want to avoid eggs for other reasons, here is a great option for a healthy & tasty breakfast.
Even if you hate tofu, you should try this! It really is good. I mean, doesn't it look just like eggs?
- ½ cup extra firm tofu crumbled & smashed with a fork
- dash turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup cooked black beans
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese optional
- ½ avocado diced
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, turmeric, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salt, salsa, and black beans. Cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
- Immediately transfer to a plate and top with cheese & avocado. Enjoy!